I was looking for something to serve along with Chicken Kiev that wouldn’t be too heavy. I expected the chicken to be quite filling so a lighter side was necessary. I remembered Matt had purchased one more zucchini than I needed for the Chicken Primavera a few days ago. This Roasted Zucchini recipe is easy to throw together and will perfectly compliment a heavier meal.
I kind of just winged it, but it turned out fantastic.
Ingredients you’ll need include your zucchini, obviously. You’ll also need olive oil, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, and shredded cheese.
I’ve made roasted vegetables plenty of times before and just wanted something simple. Start by preheating your oven to 400° F/ 200° C. Next, wash and slice the zucchini, sprinkled olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. You can stir to coat or if in a bowl, cover and shake. Top with some shredded cheese; I used Parmesan Romano. Last, bake for 10 minutes.
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Shredded Cheese of Your Choosing
- Preheat oven to 400° F/200° C
- Rinse and slice zucchini and place in bowl.
- Sprinkle olive oil over zucchini slices and add salt and pepper to taste along with red pepper flaks.
- Stir to distribute or add lid to bowl and shake to cover zucchini with oil and spices.
- Add to oven safe dish in one layer if possible, and cook for 10 minutes.
I added the dish to the oven with the Chicken Kiev for the last ten minutes of baking and they turned out wonderful. As I had hoped, this turned out to be the perfect compliment to the heavier Chicken Kiev and I will definitely keep this in mind for when we need something to add to a dish.
What vegetables do you like roasted?