Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole – Easy Dinner for the Whole Family
Matt sent me this recipe for Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole on facebook. After years of asking for tater tot casserole of some kind, he now found a recipe and I didn’t really have a way out of it.
I love tater tots, maybe a bit too much, smothered in ketchup, maybe I just really like ketchup, I smother a variety of foods with ketchup.
This is probably one of the easiest things I’ve ever made and Matt was over the moon.
This recipe is from the site Kitch Me Now, you can find the full recipe here.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (3-ounce) package real bacon bits
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- Bread and butter pickles, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large pan, brown ground beef, then drain any excess grease.
- Mix browned beef, bacon, cheese, tater tots, cheese soup, and sour cream in a large mixing bowl until well-combined.
- Evenly spread mixture into baking dish, then bake 45-50 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Serve immediately with pickles, if desired. Enjoy!
We topped with pickles and added some ketchup (of course for me) and mustard (for him). This recipe wasn’t my cup of tea personally, but Matt loved it and I’m sure will be requesting it soon.
Have you ever tried it?? Would you try it? Let us know in the comments!
Try some other easy oven baked dishes!
Hungry for More?
If you liked this post, here are some other recipes you may enjoy!
Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest so you can save all of the recipes mentioned on our site!