Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast – A Low Carb Delight.
I originally printed this recipe for Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast from That Low Carb Life about two years ago. While always looked interesting, I just never attempted it.
Matt was looking through my recipe binder and spotted this one After some of the difficulty I had with Chicken Kiev and totally switching Chicken Primavera to a casserole because I hated stuffing the chicken with the vegetables, I was a bit nervous. However, I was ready to tackle a stuffed chicken breast yet again.
Since there are just two of us, I cut the recipe in half from what is posted below.
To start, you’ll want to drizzle the chicken breasts with the oil and then add the seasonings. Only use half of the salt, because you’ll need the other half for the filling. The original recipe suggests to add them to a bowl and mixing; however, I just sprinkled each over the chicken.
Next, you’ll need to flip the breasts to the other side and repeat. Then, using a sharp knife, slice a pocket into each breast, careful not to cut all the way through.
THE SPINACH FILLING
First, mix cream cheese, Parmesan, mayo, spinach, garlic, red pepper, and the other half of the salt in a bowl. To make this easy on yourself make sure your cream cheese has fully softened. Second, spoon the mixture into the chicken breast pockets. Finally, place into a baking dish and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes in a preheated 375° F oven.
While the chicken is baking, you can cook your side dishes. To compliment the chicken breast, I chose rice and Moroccan Inspired Cucumber Salad.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe from That Low Carb Life:
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt divided
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cusp fresh spinach chopped
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190°C).
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with oil.
- Add the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Then sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Set chicken aside.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, spinach, garlic, red pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt to a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Here is the original for reference.
The chicken was delicious and beautifully cooked through. The filling was super creamy and complimented the chicken wonderfully. In addition, the rice and salad were a wise choice for sides. The salad was super light and flavorful because of the light lemon and olive oil dressing.
Give it a try, then let us know what you think in the comments below!
Like this post? Be sure to give it a share!!!