Buffalo Chicken Wraps – Easy, Quick, & Tasty
Looking for something simple to make one night, I browsed through our pantry, fridge, and freezer. Seeing what we had and needed to use, I came up with these super simple Buffalo Chicken Wraps. Now I know they’re simple enough that anyone could come cup with the idea. And why bother creating a recipe for something so simple? Well, if you’re stuck for a dinner idea and come across this recipe, realize you have everything for it, then that’s why I posted this. Sometimes easy and simple are best!
What You’ll Need
Here’s some of the equipment that I used plus an explanation of the ingredients.
You’ll need a lined baking sheet, this particular time I used parchment paper to line my baking sheet, but have since switched over to reusable grill mats. They are washable and hold up to high heat levels.
You can also use a hand or stand mixer if you prefer to shred your chicken before assembling your wraps. You can always use two forks as well, but to save time and your hands, go for the mixer. Use a deep bowl though as shredded chicken may go flying!
To cook once assembled, I used a large pan to hold all of them at the same time. But if you are making more you can always cook in batches.
Great tongs are essential as well. You want to have a strong hold on your wraps when adding to your pan, but not destroy them. I prefer tongs with a silicone tip.
Chicken- So obviously for our chicken wraps we will need Chicken. However if you’d like a vegan/vegetarian option, substitute with shredded Jackfruit or your favorite meat substitute.
Buffalo Rub Seasoning- I used the Buffalo Rub from Pampered Chef. Use whatever brand, or mix you like. BUT if you’d like to check out Pampered Chef’s seasonings find a consultant near you- use this link and scroll down to the ‘find a consultant or party’ link.
Vegetable/Olive Oil – You won’t need much of either, these are just to prevent sticking. Use your favorite oil or spray. I use prepared grill mats now (didn’t this day) that are advertised as non stick, but I still prefer adding a bit of oil when using in the oven just to be sure.
Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce your preference – This is all up to you. Brand name, store brand, make your own! Add the level of spice you want between the sauce and the seasoning.
Cream Cheese – Add some creaminess, literally. Use the block variety instead of spreadable as that will melt too much when cooking later and may become runny. Use a vegan variety if you prefer, try this recipe from The Simple Veganista.
Ranch Dressing – Anything spicy just goes with Ranch. It just does, I didn’t make the rule. You can always omit it though. But I think that it adds to the creaminess of the dish enhancing the cream cheese and complimenting the spiciness.
Cheddar Cheese – Whether you mix shredded cheese in prior to assembly or top with sliced cheese prior to adding to the pan, you can’t go wrong. As always, substitute with your favorite vegan cheese if you like. I’ve had vegan Cheddar before and couldn’t tell at all!
Green onions – Add a bit of flavor plus that onion flavor. Another nice option is red onion for some added crunch! Keep the white part and roots and you can regrow your green onions to use again!
Tortillas – You’ll need a vessel to hold it all together. Think of the tortilla like one big chip swooping up a ton of dip. Take this from an appetizer to a meal with tortillas. Use your favorite variety- white, wheat, spinach, sundried tomato to make it your own!
Let’s Get Cooking!
You’ll start by sprinkling your chicken with the buffalo rub. Measure with your heart on this one. Next you’ll be baking your chicken in a 350°F/175°C pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C.
While that bakes prepare your other ingredients or whatever you’ll be serving these Buffalo Chicken Wraps alongside. Once chicken is baked, set aside to cool a bit. Mix your other filling ingredients together while it cools – hot sauce, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, ranch dressing, and green onions if using. If you’re using sliced cheddar, hold on to that just a bit longer.
Shred your chicken once it’s cooled a bit, or dice it if you like, and add to the mix. Stir to combine.
Lay your tortillas out on a prepared surface and equally divide filling among them. Keep filling in the center spread out horizontally or vertically. If you’re using sliced cheddar, add that on top of the filling at this time. (see photo)
Heat a large pan or skillet over medium high heat with some oil to prevent sticking. Once hot, add tortillas, carefully, seam side down and allow to brown for 2-3 minutes. This will heat everything through, seal your tortilla, and melt your cheese. Flip and brown on the other side another 2-3 minutes.
When finished, plate as you like, drizzle some more hot sauce and cheese over top (optional), and enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Wraps Recipe
EASY Buffalo Chicken Wraps
- 1 ½ – 2 lb Chicken Breast
- Buffalo Rub Seasoning to taste
- Vegetable/Olive Oil for coating baking sheet and pan
- ⅓ cup Hot Sauce or Buffalo Sauce your preference
- 4 oz Cream Cheese half of a brick
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- Cheddar Cheese ¾ cup shredded or one thin slice per wrap if using block cheddar
- 2 Green Onions optional
- 8 8 Inch Round Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Prepare Baking sheet and coat slightly with oil. Sprinkle desired amount of Buffalo Seasoning of your choice on both sides of the chicken. Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F/74°C.
- While chicken is baking, prepare whatever you'll be serving with your wraps.
- Once chicken has finished baking set aside to allow to cool a bit. To a mixing bowl add your hot/buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and green onions if using. If you're using shredded cheddar, mix that in at this time as well. If using sliced block cheese, hold for now.
- Use your preferred method to shred chicken, you can dice it too if you prefer. Then add to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Lay your tortillas out on a prepared surface and divide your filling among them equally keeping in the center in a rectangle shape (filling the center vertically or horizontally. If using sliced block cheese top with that now.
- Roll your tortilla around the filling on one end and keep rolling. Place seam down until all tortillas are rolled.
- Add some olive oil to a large pan and heat over medium-high. Once hot, add tortillas, carefully, seam side down and allow to brown for 2-3 minutes. This will heat everything through, seal your tortilla, and melt your cheese. Flip and brown on the other side another 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and serve with whatever you like. We chose chopped vegetables and Blue Cheese Dressing to dip.
- Optional- drizzle more hot/buffalo sauce on top of wraps.
Serve These Buffalo Chicken Wraps Alongside:
Serve these with whatever you like. We went with chopped celery and carrots because that’s what we had and needed to use. I also added some Bleu Cheese dressing to the plate for dipping of both the vegetables and the wraps. These could accompany a salad, or a creamier soup maybe? It’s up to you, make them your own!
These are probably best eaten day of or next day. Since there are two of us, we had them for the perfect lunch the next day. I left them out of the fridge for about half an hour to bring close to room temp, and then reheated in the pan. You could also heat them in an air fryer, or add to the oven for a few minutes at the baking temperatures mentioned above.
Hungry for More?
If you liked this post, here are some other recipes you may enjoy!
Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest so you can save all of the recipes mentioned on our site!
Buffalo chicken wraps – final thoughts
These were delicious. If I would have had crumbled blue cheese, I would have garnished with that or added it to the mix. BUT I was using what I already had on hand.
You can alter them anyway you like with different sauces/dressings and seasonings. A Greek style with some oregano, onion and garlic powder, basil, dill, and more, add feta cheese instead of cheddar, omit the ranch, and top with some Tzatziki! Or use Caesar dressing and Parmesan Romano cheese, season with oregano, salt and pepper. The combinations are endless!
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag us on social media!